through tears and laughter

Tuesday, November 21, 2006

Winchester Quiristers

In 2003, I lived and worked in Winchester, England. For a year I tended to the needs of the boys at The Pilgrims' School - yes, I was a Matron.

Tonight I was bored, so thought I'd have a search around YouTube. It was such a lovely surprise to come across some of my boys!!

Pilgrims' has two famous cathedral choirs - the Choristers (who sing in the Winchester Cathedral) and the Quiristers (who sing for Winchester College, the oldest school in England).

I worked in "Q School", which was the boarding house of the Quiristers, along with "Commoners" (boys who attended the school but weren't in a choir). I was with these boys every day, so you can imagine my surprise and delight when I found this video clip!

It's quite funny cos it's a choir music video. I looked after all the boys shown - believe me, they weren't the perfect little angels they look! They were great fun though. Harry Sever (red head like me) won the BBC Choirboy of the Year in 2003.

Check it out.



Oh, Winchester!

2 Comments:

At December 05, 2006 8:19 am, Blogger melissa said...

Hey Liz,

I watched this a week or so ago and laughed myself silly.

Who knew that there was such a thing as music vids for Choir boys?

I particularly like the ending where red head choir boy runs off into the distance and fades to black. nice.

Did you notice that they were singing to the same tune that we use for 'Be thou my vision'?

Arohanui

 
At December 08, 2006 11:40 am, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Oh, they're so cute. I miss them so much.

Megan

 

Post a Comment

<< Home