through tears and laughter

Monday, July 24, 2006

What a week it's been!

Well, it's been a busy week and I'm pooped but it's been great.

NB: For those of you who know me, you'd notice that I don't usually use the word "pooped". Just one of those words that is not usually in my vocabulary. This has appeared because the word "tired" has been banned in this house - it's been used way too much lately!

Anyway, so I came down with some sort of lurgy which seems to be lingering, but praise God I'm nearly better.

The weekend was fantastic.

A wedding and a baptism.

What an amazing time to reflect on relationships and love between people and God. The lovely Juanita and Neta - sorry, Mr & Mrs Masunu - had a perfect wedding and I enjoyed every minute of it. Beautiful.

It was also great catching up with friends who I hadn't seen for ages. Isn't it funny how time passes, and you don't realise just how much you've missed someone until you see them?

So often I think of how I want to catch up with old friends, yet struggle to find the time. I've realised it's one of my down-falls, so I'm making it a goal for after practicum - to catch up with friends (sorry I've neglected you lately).

And Sunday night we had the baptism of a family friend. I grew up "looking after" her and her brother, they're about 5 years younger than me. It was amazing to see just how much she has grown as a person, and I was so proud when she said her testimony in front of the church. It really was an honour to be a part of it.

More good news for this week: We found out that my wonderful dog Calista doesn't have cancer! The vet thought she might have, and she had to go for tests, but they didn't reveal the dreaded C word. What she does have is some type of thyroid disease or something that can be easily treated with a pill each day. She's more energetic already and we're all very glad about that.

I love weddings and baptisms. And family dogs not being sick.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home